Monday, December 27, 2010

Today you are you...

A new year is like a new pair of sneakers. It almost makes you feel invincible. Like you can suddenly run faster and do more, like all is well with the world. It's a fresh start, donning a super hero cape.

Every year, folks make promises to themselves to be more healthy, work harder, lose weight, etc.. And somehow, as much as I try not to follow the herd, I find myself making my own promises.

So my list this year includes the typical: be more healthy, work harder, lose weight, say no more often, go outside the box creatively, and take time for myself, which is the hardest of all.

As the great, Dr. Seuss said, "Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive that is you-er than you!"

This year, make a promise to take special care of You!! My kitties sure do!








Hugs

Annie

5 comments:

Dixie Sargent Redmond said...

I don't make resolutions, but I do think about goals. They're important. Some of the ones you've mentioned are on my list, Annie. :-)

Tina Eudora said...

The cats definitely have the right of it....put your feet up and close those eyes...snooze and dream time!
Have a wonderful holiday season!
Tina xo

Tanya said...

I don't have any resolutions this year. I find I don't stick to them..Lol.. But, I did want to tell you you have beautiful things!! Glad I came across your blog!! Hope you had a Wonderful Christmas and hears wishing you a wonderful 2011!!

Tanya

Robin's Egg Bleu said...

Such beautiful kitties! Have a peaceful and furry New Year!
Take Care,
Robin

Roberta said...

You are so right. It's so easy to take care of others needs before our own and hard to say "no". I'm going to try to do that more this year and find more time to pursue the creative pastimes that are so important to me. Happy New Year!