Sunday, October 31, 2010

Merry Christmas!


November first already!!!

At TDIPT, we are celebrating Christmas early, with a Colonial Christmas theme. Come to our open house and sign up for our mailing list and automatically become elegible to win one of our fantastic door prizes! You also become elegible to win when you make a purchase from the site this month.

Here is what I have to offer for the event:

Primitive Black Doll



Using an old, folk doll for inspiration, I created this simple gal using some natural, linen blend fabric. She wears a dress that I constructed from Marcus Bros. Colonial Christmas fabric. This is absolutely the most gorgeous fabric ever!


I took the suggestion from my famous cohorts to lightly dye the dress and the undergarments to drab the color down a bit and give it a look of age. I am so happy with how they turned out.



As you can see, i have primitively stitched her features and have given her a red, cotton, appliqued mouth with more primitive stitching. I have also given her criss cross stitching in leux of hair.

She's 18" tall.

Next up, I am offering one of my limited, giclee reproductions. Evelyn has been reproduced onto heavy, artist canvas at a local studio.



I have mixed some oils and antiqued the portrait before placing her into this tabletop frame.



She measures 12 x 14 framed.

Make sure to stop by to see more of my artist friends' Colonial Christmas offerings!

Happy Halloween!

Hugs and Happiness,

Annie

2 comments:

PrimitiveJan said...

Oh I love your folk doll and you are so right the fabric is awesome. Can you please tell me where you purchased the fabric. I would love to get some. You do beautiful work and I love visiting your blog. Thanks for sharing
Jan

Dixie Sargent Redmond said...

Your doll looks great. Love the dress!