Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pssst. .. Over Here..

I'm sitting on my front yard, sipping some delicious espresso blend. It's 6:30 a.m., and there are more crickets than birds.

Marshall is playing "Find the stick, in between high speed kitty chases," while Frank and Willie are playing, "Get away from Doggie!"

And I'm looking at today as a new beginning of sorts.

Most of you DON'T know, that I was entertaining the thought of opening a small cafe with my cousin. I was going to leave Chickadee Primitives behind, and venture out, into something i've always wanted to do.

Smack dab, in the middle of a rather hostile and complicated lease negotiation, we suddenly lost our sweetest Nonnie.

At 94, most say, "Oh, well she lived a long and happy life." But when you speak to someone just hours before they "move on", and they are their typical self; as happy as a spring chipmunk, and healthy as a horse, it is very much a shock.

Nonnie was one of my biggest fans. She believed in Chickadee Primitives from the start, and told me that she prayed each day for my success.

Yesterday, the lease for the cafe fell through, and it was a relief, as I was starting to ask myself if it really was in my heart to change paths.

So today, I am making lists. I am getting re-organized, and breathing new air into Chickadee Primitives. It feels good, and it feels right, and I'm thinking Nonnie has something to do with it.

I am wearing her fuzzy robe as we speak.

xo

9 comments:

Doreen said...

OH Annie...I'm so sorry to hear Nonnie passed away...I know how very close you were to her...and still are..she will always be with you.

The cafe sounds like it would have been a fun adventure but I am so THRILLED to know you will not be leaving your art behind.....you have tremendous artistic talent and your heart shows through with each of your creations..that is something that is not often found and tells of creations that are meant to be.


sending you a hug :)
♥Doreen

farmgirl beth said...

While sorry to hear of your loss, I love the image that your words put in my mind... What a treasure to be able to wrap yourself in her robe on a cool morning. May your Nonnie's fuzzy Robe of Inspiration give you comfort, strength... and Inspiration.

The Paisley Studio/Sarah McNamara said...

Nonnie knows best . . . glad to have you back,Annie.

Sarah

fiddlestixstudios said...

Annie,I am so sorry to hear of your Nonnie's passing,I know you were so close to her.Just follow your heart!That lease falling through was no coincidence!I'm glad you're going to continue making your wonderful creations!
Hugs:),
~Mandy

Martha said...

So sorry to hear your Nonnie passed away, but I know she will look out for you from above, I too totally agree she was looking out for you when the lease fell through. Wishing you much success.

dog trot farm said...

Annie, I am sorry to hear of your loss. I have been reading your blog for a while now and feel I know you and your special Nonnie. I'm glad to know Chick-a-dee Primitives lives on. Blessings.

Dixie Sargent Redmond said...

Awwww, I've got tears in my eyes. Thinking of you, Annie.

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

I'm sorry about your Nonnie, Aboo. As far as the cafe business... You'll always be our Chickadee Primitives artist. So glad you're back. :> )
~Peanut

disa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.