Sunday, November 2, 2008

18, 19, 20...ready or not, here I come!

I have been in hiding lately. Part of it is giving most of my attention to my old friend, Ginger. She needs lots of me now, and I take the time to give her what she needs. She's the best old gal, I just love her to bits. Sometimes I put my hands on her, and close my eyes, and focus all of the love I have into her. I know she feels it deep down, and maybe for that tiny moment, her joints don't ache, and her muscles aren't tired...

So I made a phone call two weeks ago, and dove in feet first. I committed myself to two weeks of hard work, to take me away from my heartache for Ginger. And it paid off more than I could have imagined. It's nice to be reminded that people are inherently good.

It was nice to see some familiar faces, and to meet some new ones too. It set my week off straight, so now, as long as the Pats win tonite, the day will be perfect! And Ginger was smiling when I got home...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And for those of you who think I keep an immaculate house, here is a picture of my studio along the way. Willie is taking a nap here...show prep is very tiring to putty tats.

Photobucket

14 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi there Annie! Looks like a wonderful show, wish I lived closer!
Give Ginger a tummy rub.

tattered 'n torn prims said...

There is love in all the chaos of a cluttered work studio isn't there!!!! No better place on earth sometimes!!! Your things are just fabulous.....I'm glad you took the jump!!!! **smile**

Stacey

Kiwi in NC said...

Thank you! You're back. I'm a fairly new reader, actually I started about the time of your last post and fell in love with your site. I have visited everyday since and each day cross my fingers for a new post. You can't imagine how much knowledge I have of your previous posts from my return visits. I could go on Jeopardy and know that if "Chickadee Primitives" were a category,I'd have the game in the bag. Seriously though, glad to see you back posting.

kim

The Paisley Studio/Sarah McNamara said...

I want to take a nao in your studio, too! Your Christmas things are fabulous, as always.

Sarah

Rachael Kinnison said...

well its about time! Good to see you have been busy and Hope Ginger is well....how is our Mr Bibbs doing??? And Wiley Bo Hunky DH? ;) You will have to give us an update on everyone, Mr Frank too!
LOVE YOU~ Rachael

BB said...

Chick-a-dee-dee...so nice to see ya posting..I always check in on ya and I'm always sending good vibes your way....Love love love all of your Christmas goods....and the new Kitty...Willie..give him an extra special kitty hug from me...and tell him to move on over, I'm going to crawl up on that table and nap beside him..one question..will you scratch my chin too??

Love ya Annie....and yes, the sun is shinning in my face...thanks honey...

Big hugs,
Betsy
xoxo

Dixie Redmond said...

Oh, Annie. Sending love to you and Ginger!

dix

She Seeketh Wool & Flax said...

Hope Ginger is feeling beter and better every day.
Where was your show in Mass?

Peng Peng said...

Just discovered your blog today! Ginger is a senior kitty i presume?
love the studio shot, i think from chaos come creativity! LOL!

Lana said...

Hope Ginger's feeling better Annie. That Willie's growing and already taking over the house, lol!

Your items for the show are terrific as usual!

Melgooch said...

Hi Annie! What a nice surprise it was to see you at the show on Sunday! You had so many nice things! Your booth was very inspiring and got me in the holiday spirit. I couln't get away from my mom to buy her some items from you, so I will buy her some of your beautiful artwork online instead! Hope that your Ginger is feeling better! Oh, and Molli is going to change her hair back to natural soon! Keep being wonderful!

Peace,

Melinda

michelle sylvia said...

I want to come over and play with your kitties and in your studio!! :0)

Hope you are well Annie boo, you have been on my mind.

Hugs,
Tink

Sylvia Anderson said...

Everything at your show looked wonderful Annie, and you sure do work fast!! :) I hope things are going well for you, and love that little Willie...he's a cutie like the rest of your gang!

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie!

Tracey here, from Canada. We hit Sturbridge in the fall again for the Harvest Festival (with friends this year!) and were so sad to see you weren't vending:) I hope you are doing well, your xmas stuff looked fantastic! Love those snowmen.