Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Sometimes

I look at my unsold items and think...

thank goodness!


Like Estella, who rests quietly in my spare bedroom...gazing upward at the small circle of stars i've painted around the chandelier...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Or my Bun, who jumps joyfully over his rosehips again and again, enjoying the sun and fresh breeze from the window in my bath.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And my recent favorite, Izannah with her "fancy" frame. I've hung her in my special cubby, just before the entrance to my bedroom.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And Mr. Tom, who, still embarrassed by his white foot, hangs on the wall in my loft, next to the pocket window that leads to Estella.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



I've got one of my woodland angels left, and i've decided to keep her. She sits in my overly-decorated bath, humming her mantra, taking in the kaleidoscope of colors from the rose window.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


We just love our window, although I am anxious to paint the side facing the great room to match the wall...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Another of my bath...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My Frank

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My new bear

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


My stairs

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My painted rugs (did them in a flash while the hubby wasn't home...Paint on the wood floor?????!!!!) Wish I had more!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My newly decorated mantel

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And when I think that I stood in this house when there weren't any walls...and the roof was open to the stars, and the rain just poured inside...and I think of the nights when I woke and I drove an entire hour just to see the moonlight fall upon "her" and dream of the day i'd live here...

It makes me feel blessed...

And doubly blessed to find such a wonderful, sunshine boy to embellish its every corner...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

26 comments:

mack said...

people sey my art is primitive
http://torevealartandconcealtheartist.blogspot.com/

Mystele said...

Oh my goodness! First of all, your art is to die for, and your home??? It's gorgeous in it's simplicity. So lovely!

Sylvia Anderson said...

Annie~ you know I LOVE your home...and you have such a good eye when it comes to decorating, and adding just the perfect touch! Thank you for sharing it with us....and Frank keeps getting bigger every time I see him!

April said...

I cannot believe your house Annie, it is so wonderful! I have never seen anything like it, truly!
April

Atticbabys said...

Just gorgeous Annie! Wish I could live there! Those stars are wonderful! And the painted rugs on the floor are great! I wish I were brave enough to do that!
Nan

Homespun Heart Primitives said...

Oh Annie, I just love your home but I have to say the last picture of Frank in the sink is the BEST!
Sharon

Hallowed Hill Primitives said...

I want to move in, Annie! And the bathroom is not over decorated! It's lovely.

Sarah

Lorraine said...

OMG, Annie!!! Your home is sooooooooo AWESOME!!! Thank you for sharing and giving me inspiration...love those rugs you painted!!

That silly Frank...just love him!

Dixie Redmond said...

Oh, Annie - your home has such a peaceful feel to it. I love your style. I'm taking notes. Your Izannah painting is poetry in paint.

SweetAnnee said...

I love everything..your art, your decorative touch...and that SWEET Frank..he's such a dear..
smiles, Deena

Susan Walker said...

Annie...your home is simply beautiful...or is that beautifully simple?!! I love the way your have incorported your beautiful art throughout your home...it's so warm and inviting and inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing...Susan

Eccentricities Studio said...

Oh Annie ... your house is so lovely. I really like your painted rugs ... REALLY LIKE THEM! And look how BIG Frank has gotten, too! Your creations look perfect nestled in all those special places throughout your home. :)

xoxo
Dana

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Annie, your Frank has grown so!! Your home is wonderful and so very "you". Isn't it great to surround yourself with what you love so when your eyes fall upon these things, it makes you happy! xxoo, Dawn

Lana said...

Annie ~ I have my bags packed ~ when can I move in??? lol!

I've told you before and I'll tell you again ~ your art is awesome and your home.... is just beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

You have a style that is amazing Annie! I'm coming to visit!

Jean
Bluejean Primitives
Fan of Annie's work :)

Suzanne said...

Annie, I echo everyone's comments...simply beautiful!

CARole said...

I just had the best time looking at the pictures of rooms in you wonderful home, and it is a home. You have made it one, with all you lovely decorating. You can tell how much you love it, Annie. I love it when others show their homes. It's so fun to see. It just looks wonderful, and the love you have for certainly shows in each and every room. I had to laugh, when you said you painted your "rug" when hubby was away. I totally understand.

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Love these pictures!

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

I'm moving in. :> )
~Peanut

vintagepaletteart said...

Annie, I love your style, Ilove your paintings especially! Your home is amazing and the painted star ceiling and the painted floor rugs make your house yours. I'm glad that I happened upon your blog. I hope you don't mind but I would like to add yours to mine.

Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!
~Lori

Eccentricities Studio said...

Hi Annie!!

Just stopping by to say HI and wish you well. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and have a very Merry Christmas, too!

xo,
Dana

For Love of Home said...

You have an incredible home and an even more incredible imagination. I love all of your artwork and my dream is to have a home that screams primitives.

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

my day has been made complete.
Lovely home, lovely handmades, hand dids, love kitty and graciously lovely hostess.
Thank you Annie
Blondie

Carolee said...

Hi Annie ~

I've followed your work on eBay for sometime (LOVE it!) but only now found your blog - and was so happy to find eBay and EHAG friends among your links! Your home is absolutely wonderful - thanks for sharing the photos. Hope it's OK, I've added your link to my blog. :)

Wishing a you happy and creative holiday season!

~ Carolee

Eccentricities Studio said...

Dearest Annie,

Stopping by with Christmas Wishes for you and your family ...

Hoping you have a fabulous New Year as well!

Many Hugs,
Dana

Cook said...

I can see from these pictures that I need to get out and surf more! These photos are wonderful but the comments about visiting and dreaming of the day you would live here warmed my heart! Your home is so gorgeous A-Boo!
Merry Christmas Sister -
Cookie